Bedford Hills Residents whether you’ve recently purchased the home of your dreams or have been a seasoned home owner for some time now, it’s safe to say that you’ve made a hefty investment that should be protected by contracting Westchester Powerwash.
One of the most important elements of owning a home is taking good care of the roof. After all, you need a roof over your head to survive. For all of you Bedford Hills homeowners, both rookies and veterans, we’ve provided below a guide of signs to look out for when your roof needs from Westchester PowerWash.
- Danger Signal: Roof shingles will begin to decay. You may also spot sheathing of your roof or siding.
- Potential Cause: Lack of attic ventilation.
- Danger Signal: A leakage in the attic will appear after ice has build up in the roof.
- Potential Cause: If there is inadequate shingle underlayment on your roof this will result in water from the ice to leak into the attic.
- Danger Signal: Leak in attic after a heavy-winded rainstorm.
- Potential Cause: This may be a case of deteriorated flashing or inadequate shingle underlayment.
- Danger Signal: Interior ceilings stains or stains on walls. Mold of mildew growth is visible.
- Potential Cause: Shingle may be damaged. There may also be inadequate shingle underlayment, causing leaks and stopping ventilation flow.
- Danger Signal: Interior is peeling and/or blistering.
- Potential Cause: High humidity levels might be the cause of this. Also, high temperatures and/or lack of adequate ventilation.
- Danger Signal: Patches, and/or dark spots on your roof.
- Potential Cause: Can be fungus, algae, and/or environmental pollutants. Granules may also be deteriorating due to how long you’ve had the same shingles on your roof.
- Danger Signal: Cracked, curled or missing shingles on your roof.
- Potential Cause: Shingles have reached their lifespan.
- Danger Signal: Monthly energy bills are high.
- Potential Cause: Lacking attic ventilation causing energy costs to become higher than usual.